Wednesday, November 20, 2013

How Things Can Change in Just One Day

Thanks to a wonderful chef friend of mine back in the states, I had the opportunity this past week to do a three day internship in a patisserie in Paris!  The owners are a wonderfully sweet couple who welcomed me into their shop with open arms.  I hadn't been there an hour and I was already making creams, cakes, helping with decorations and floating from one station to the next.  Out of respect for the shop, I'm not sharing any of their recipes but you can drool over some of the yummies prepared at the shop, some of which I had a hand in helping complete.



















I could actually feel myself gaining weight just being around all these beauties.  By the end of my first day in the shop, I had been offered the opportunity to come back as I wished.  This got me thinking.  Which would be better?  Finish out my time in France by completing my course or by working in this wonderful patisserie. 

After some thought, I decided with the latter.  Yes folks, we're moving to Paris!  The hubs is excited to be going to a city with some semblance of life and the little one does look cute all bundled up for the cold weather.
We also found out that we can't travel in the countries we were planning on traveling too after our time in France is up since those countries are in the same "union" as France.  So, we are leaving France mid December to spend Christmas and New Year's in Ireland.  I'm pretty stocked to be taking the little one to our "home away from home"!

In the end, I'm going to miss all my new found friends in Le Cap d'Agde, but new adventures await.  I'm finishing out one last final week of plated dessert, my favorite, before taking a week to site see and make our way to Paris.  I can't wait to drive into work and learn as much as I can in the city every pastry chef dreams to have an opportunity to work!

One last thing on the plate before we hit the road again...

2 comments: