Monday, December 16, 2013

Getting Back to Paris

I know I'm a bit behind...so here's time to play catch-up!

November 22 was my official last day in Le Cap d'Agde.  Given the difficulties we had driving down from Paris the first time, we decided to take a week, do some more exploring and take our time getting back to Paris.  Since we were having to transport all our stuff, we traded in our little white box car for a small SUV.  Seeing that the car held one of my friend's bikes in the back seat, I thought we would have no problem getting all our stuff into the car.  It was a tight fit.  And by tight I mean the hubs was the only one that could drive since there was stuff on the floor board in front of my seat giving me just enough room to slide my legs in and the poor lil one was packed in between all the luggage and boxes.  Next time we travel this far from home, I'm bringing one carry one piece of luggage...I don't care how long we're gone!

First stop on our trip was Toulouse.  The guy checking us in at the hotel was full of very helpful information and some pretty useless info about the states.  The hubs thought he was a bit creepy, but I didn't mind.  For the most part, we had fun the day we were there exploring the city...though we did get stuck in a very crowded street market.  There were nice sights to see, but after one day we were off again.



Our next stop was St. Emilion...which turned out the be a complete bust since the wineries we wanted to go to were either closed or we couldn't find them.  Such is our luck...moving on.

Bordeaux was up next and come hell or high water, I was going to a vineyard.  It seemed that wasn't going to be so easy with the lil one who, by this point, was having a hard time with the in the car out of the car trip we were taking.  Makes me glad that we had to re-plan our last few weeks here.  I'm not sure how she would have taken to training around Europe for almost three weeks.  Anywho...I book myself a tour of the country which ended up being a private tour after the couple that was suppose to come backed out at the last minute.  Some pretty scenery and some yummy wine too!



 
Still, the thing I loved more than anything in Bordeaux was the food the hubs found for us on our last night there.  He managed to stumble onto a fabulous Mexican restaurant.  So, for those of you who have never traveled to France, let me tell you something about the food...it's really good...for the first week.  It's all very rich and lots of it and all pretty much the same.  After a while, you begin to long for the selection you have and probably take for granted at home.  This food was incredible.  Some of the best I've had since I've been here.  I can't wait to get back to the states to see if I can recreated some of this wonderfulness.



Finally, we landed back in Paris.  The place we are staying at is really nice...plenty of room for the three of us...and I won't mention the nightmare we had getting the luggage up 5 flights of spiral stairs without an elevator...SOOO packing light next time!  So we landed in our "new home" for the next three weeks.

So how did we get along in Paris...

No comments:

Post a Comment