Monday, March 23, 2015

My Little Peanut and the BEST Cookies Ever!

I knew it had been a while since I was on the blog, but I had no idea it had been as long as it has!!  I have missed writing and need to get back in the swing of things soon!  However, my absence hasn't been completely unwarranted.  A month ago today my family grew by one amazing little peanut.

Isn't she beautiful!!  I can take credit for the beautiful little girl, but I have to credit to Portraits by Crystal for the beautiful photo!  Such a talented new mommy herself.  In honor of our sweet little peanut making her entrance into this world, I decided to share with you the recipe for the BEST COOKIE EVER!

A few months ago my little one wanted to make peanut butter cookies.  I've tried several PB cookie recipes before and they were always just ok.  So this time around, I went on the search for one that would be a keeper.  Boy did I find the perfect recipe!  These cookies are chewy, gooey and h so peanut buttery!  They are the kind of cookie that make me cry for all those out there allergic to peanut butter since they will never know the yummy goodness that exists within them!  Of course, having an adorable sous chef to help me bake up a batch was extra icing on the cake!


The only other thing you need to know about these cookies is they make BIG cookies.  Do yourself a favor and keep them big!  The size helps keep them moist and chewy on the inside while being slightly crunchy on the outside.  So without further ado...here you go.  Get the milk ready!
 
The Perfect Peanut Butter Cookie (recipe adapted from Wallflour Girl)
 
1 egg, at room temperature
1 c light brown sugar, packed
1 c peanut butter (I'm a snob and only use JIF so I take no responsibility for the outcome if you use a slightly less appealing peanut butter..haha!)
1/2 c butter, melted
1 T vanilla extract
1 3/4 c AP flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 c chocolate chips
 
1 - In a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream egg, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla for 5-6 minutes until very fluffy.  *Side note...This can be done by hand if you don't have a mixer, just be prepared for an intensive arm workout...which probably isn't so bad before eating the cookies!
2 - Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until incorporated.
3 - Toss your chocolate chips in about a tablespoon of flour and fold into your cookie batter.  Doing this will help the chips hold their shape in the oven.
 
4 - Use an ice cream scoop to portion your cookies onto a greased cookie sheet.  You really want the cookies to come out looking like little scoops of ice cream, taller than they are wider.  Gently push down on each cookie to make the top flat but don't smoosh.  Cover the sheet tightly with plastic warp and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or the freezer for 45 minutes.  The original recipe had you chilling the dough before portioning it, which make it pretty impossible to scoop after it's hard.  Save yourself the headache and portion before but DON'T SKIMP on the chilling time!  Trust me!
5 - Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the centers are still nice and soft.  Allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes before eating...if you can wait that long!
6 - Store any leftovers...weren't any in my house...in an airtight container.
ENJOY!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment