Thursday, September 5, 2013

The adventure begins!

My professional life has always been a little crazy.  I'll be the first to admit that my interests are varied and have always found it difficult to settle on one thing.  Who could really blame me though?  If you asked when I was little what I wanted to be when I grew up I usually said something along the lines of: "I want to be a ballerina, a doctor, a teacher and a mommy."  Well, many years later as I look back over my life, I realize that I haven't done half bad on that goal.  I danced for over 20 years, though never professionally.  I was a teacher for 7 years.  Three years ago that most amazing little girl made me a mommy.  So, I never did the doctor thing, but three out of four ain't bad right?  Still, something was missing.  As a teacher, I was good at what I did, but I wasn't happy.  As a mommy, I'm good at what I do, but I needed a little more for myself.  But what?

Enter my hubby.  Over the years we've been together he's witnessed my love for food.  He's watched it blossom from reading recipes and watching cooking shows to hosting lavish dinner parties and dream of cooking professionally.  When I decided I needed more in my life to feel fulfilled, he suggested I go to culinary school.  But after attending college not once, but twice (varied interests, remember?) did I really want to do it again?  The answer came to me as soon as I first visited the school...yes!

That was a year and a half ago.  Today, I am a proud dual graduate and valedictorian of the International Culinary School at the Art Institute of Charlotte.  It's taken many years and lots of trials to get here.  But, FINALLY, I am at a place where I have found a career that I don't only excel at but am passionate for.  Thank goodness!!!

Now, I'm preparing for my next big adventure.  In 15 short days, I will be packing up my knives, tools, toys, hubby and little one as we all venture across the Atlantic to spend 3 1/2 months in France!  Three months will be spent studying pastry on the French Riviera and the remaining traveling Europe.  It's a huge step that I'm nervous about, but thankfully I have a wonderful support system to help me through!  I thought the best way to document this next chapter was to start a blog.  So here's the back story...stay turned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment