Monday, September 9, 2013

How Exactly Does One Pack For 3 Months In Another Country?

I know it's not like we are going someplace strange and unusual, but serious, how do you pack to be away from home for 3 1/2 months.  I know we will have laundry facilities and all but I also have a little one that tends to have a growth spurt about this time of year and we're heading to a climate that can be a little unpredictable.  On top of all of that, the apartment we are staying in doesn't supply us with towels and other "nonessential" items.  Which led me to think, what do I need to take with me that I wouldn't have thought of before?

I've traveled out of the country several times in my life.  I always know to bring clothes for various weather conditions, and I have my trusty power converter ready to go.  But what else?  It's difficult to get my mind around the fact that next Friday we will be boarding a plane and saying au revoir to the states until the middle of January.  I'm a terrible overpacker, something I'm trying very hard to work on, and I don't want to pack up the whole house to take on this trip.  So...what am I forgetting.  What essential things, other than clothes and toiletries, could you not live without for 3 months?  What are some things that I may "think" I can find in another country that would really be difficult to get?  I know I have some travelers out there.  Now help me fill my suitcase with the things I really NEED to bring :)  Because right now I feel like this...

 
 
When I want to feel more like this...
 

 
HELP ME PLEASE :)

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to think of advice and sadly I suck at packing so I am not much help!

    ReplyDelete