Tuesday, September 24, 2013

How The Other Half Lives

This past Friday, my family and I boarded a plane to leave for our adventure in France.  Thinking that it may be easier traveling with the little one if we had more room, we splurged and bought business class seats for our long flight from Miami to Paris, almost 9 hours.  I was expecting a larger seat and some extra leg room.  What I got, in fact, was a whole lot more.

This plane was pretty big and our seats were ridiculous.  You know how you've read about those seats on the airplanes that fold all the way down into a bed.  Yep, ours did that.  The flight attendant greeted us with champagne and passed out individual tablets and noise cancelling headphones to each passenger.  The tablets were loaded with tons of movies, games and reading material...definitely something for everyone.  When dinner time came (I know...airplane food, right?), we were given an option between four different entrees each served with appetizer, salad and dessert.  Little miss enjoyed her ravioli and ice cream.  The hubs and I ended up with the same choices: smoked salmon, mixed green salad, steak with mashed potatoes, roasted tomatoes and a pretzel roll and a cheese plate to finish things off.  After dinner, the little one drifted off to sleep courtesy of her "airplane bed", I watched Hangover 3 and the hubs watched the new Star Trek.  Had it not been for the extremely drunk lady next to the hubs and the deafly loud snorer to my left, it would have been a perfect evening on an airplane...something I thought could not exist.

A few hours before our plane landed in Paris (what was 2 am our time and 7am Paris time), we were served breakfast.  I opted for the simpler fruit and cereal with croissant and coffee since I was still pretty full from the dinner before.  I almost chose to forgo breakfast, but thought it might be good to have a little something since I wasn't sure what our dining options on the train we were going to have to take would be.  The little one enjoyed a nice muffin and her morning milk as we gently landed down in Paris.

Now, I know that sounds like a story that couldn't happen, but it did.  The next story I have to tell also sound like one that couldn't have happened, but it did...

This time without all the roses and butterflies.  There was none of that...

No comments:

Post a Comment